AESOP ROCK: ZZZ Top
Skelethon comes out so so so soon—July 10 on Rhymesayers. Check out the video for this cut over on Stereogum.
Hot coffee in a hot apartment. This is Sunday morning. Today I’m doing a partial move even though I have no voice because tomorrow I fly out to Portland. I return on a red-eye about a week later and have just 24 hours to pack up my old joint in Bushwick before the movers come.
Can I get a sympathetic groan, y’all?
Things my autocorrect does that anger me, 4.11.12:
quinoa: Often used to replace my intended “quite” or any other word beginning with q.
- “That’s not quinoa the scenario.”
- “Whatever. I quinoa.”
- “Quinoa calling that dude!”
…: Always used to replace a normal period. Meaning, I suddenly take on an unintentional air of mystery or …suggestion.
- “I just picked up a bottle of wine…”
- “I’m sure we’ll bump into each other soon…”
- “Meh. Whatever you want…”
- “Yeah! Made me remember something…”
The last example is particularly creepy and leads to many a misinterpretation…